Saturday, March 2, 2013

Make a Wish

Hello Crafty Friends!  I hope you are having a great weekend, it was a pretty sunny day today so I spent a lot of it outside, I'm in Southern California if I've never mentioned that before.

I made a card for my nephew in Chicago who just turned one.
The base of the card is Recollections, the blue mat is from DCWV and the top mat is from a book of designer papers I've had in my stash for a very long time (the texture is like gift wrap).  
I cut the monkey from the Create a Critter Cricut Cartridge and the Make a Wish sentiment was cut using the Create a Critter 2 cartridge using the Phrase function.  For the monkey, I excluded one of the top layers and stamped the monkey's cute face using a Peachy Keen stamp.  
 The cake sticker is by Recollections.  The garland was pre-made by Colorbok from the Antique Paper collection.  I put some Alphabities by Provo Craft of H1BD for Happy 1st Birthday.  I was really debating but there was nothing I could think of that was 4 letters so I thought this could work. 
For the sentiment, I stamped happy birthday inside and heat embossed it. the stamp is by Fiskars: All Year Cheer. 

Happy Crafting!

Challenge:


1 comment:

  1. Such a cute card! Super detailed! Love that lil monkey perfect for a 1year old!

    ReplyDelete